Ashdown Guitar Magnifier 15W 1 x 12 combo
Ashdown Guitar Magnifier - Hand crafted at the UK Custom Shop using only the finest components available - True valve tone combined with modern reliability and features.
- The all new AGM(Ashdown Guitar Magnifier) range marks a return to premium guitar amplification in 2019. Designed by renowned British valve amp guru Dave Green the AGM range has been carefully considered, designed and constructed for the modern world where portability, low power options and real valve tones are paramount. Each and every AGM is designed, engineered and lovingly constructed using only the finest components available at the Ashdown HQ in Essex, England.
- With easy to dial in tones via simple controls and an intuitive 4 band EQ the AGM-284 does it all from classic shimmering reverb laden clean tones through biting classic rock crunch to full on hard rock tones full of rich harmonic overtones making this amp perfect for a wide range of players whatever the genre. The perfect choice as grab and go combo for rehearsals and small to medium gigs.
- The 15 watt 2 x EL84 power section means it is easy to get the output valves cooking when playing at lower volumes at home and in the studio yet there is still enough power for small/medium gigs and rehearsals when required delivered via a 12" Celestion G12-M Creamback speaker.
- Footswtichable Accutronics reverb plus variable boost increase the versatility further and a series valve driven FX loop allows players the best results from their modulation type FX.
- Ashdown Engineering was founded in 1997 and has a rich heritage in both bass and guitar amplification producing amplifiers known around the world for their great looks, fantastic tone and ruggedly reliable designs and construction.
-Hand built in the UK Custom Shop
-Single channel with footswitchable boost mode
-3 x JJ Electronics ECC83s preamp tubes
-Up to 15 Watts output from 2 x JJ Electronics EL84 valve
-Premium Celestion 12" Creamback G12-M 65 speaker
-Bass, middle, treble and presence EQ controls
-Master volume control
-Footswitchable Accutronics reverb
-Series effects loop
-8 and 16 ohm speaker output for use with extension speaker cabinets
-Premium plywood lightweight cabinet
- Classic Ashdown illuminated VU Meter for output monitoring
- Dave Green explains:
“Anything I have designed is from the outset designed to repairable should the need ever arise, as with the bass amplifiers the products are built from discrete components with almost all the active components socket mounted for an easy fix. In the case of the AGM range just take a moment to look inside… all the parts are hand picked from the best manufacturers, all key components are over specified military grade to enable them to perform for a design life of over 15 years. I believe consumers still aspire to purchase top quality long lasting products with a high residual resale value. Quality never goes out of fashion but it does have to be affordable and the AGM range manages to combine these two conflicting requirements effectively.”
- Output Power - 15 watts high power/2 watts low power
- Valves - EL84 x 2, 12AX7 x 4
- Size (WxHxD) -
- Weight - 18kg